Saturday 9 May 2020

FASHION: Jacquemus, a life of fashion

Simon port Jacquemus' fashion brand 
how it started: 
"At the age of 7-8, when I started to instinctively make a skirt for my mother, I cut a linen curtain, I put laces of Converse and I made a skirt. It was doing something like that, spontaneously. My mother wore it and she said "that's beautiful". I wanted to do fashion really to tell stories. It was mostly that, it was not the obsession with a garment, it was the obsession to say something, to tell a piece of yourself through this prism. The stories that I had in mind, it was simple stories, stories of women in the south of France, a woman who takes her car, who goes to the beach. I was inspired a lot by television and the cinema. But in fact, younger, I still had obsessions, whether to play roles, even in my way of getting dressed, taking pictures, to share with people moments of my life. Already at 14-15 years old, I did what I'm doing today. I created stories and I published on the internet. Instagram did not exist, but I already had Instagram. For me, it's innate and the picture is my first obsession. I had to have my high school degree to go to fashion school. I had this high school degree, I came to Paris. It was September, and in October I lost my mother."
Simon dropped out of school and started his brand in honour of his mother he named it Jacquemus. through the use of the French press he began to get noticed, from Vogue to Biba. and it quickly transpired from here, with a huge passion for painting and the influence of movies and shows, Simon became more and more recognised and sought after, using the inspirations and his artwork and incorporating it into his designs. 
he reflects:  :In 10 years, nothing has really changed fundamentally. I feel like I've stayed the same, down to earth. Because fashion is 6 months work, 24 hours madness, and 6 months work for the future. I have been trying since the beginning to have the same message, to share a lot of positivity, a lot of good energy. I think it's a very solar fashion. It's about being sincere with oneself, always listening to yourself, saying no, saying no, a lot. Not taking advice, or some of them, but balancing out who we really are. It has not changed. I do not create for celebrities. They do not necessarily inspire me to create. I create a story first. After, it's always a real recognition I think today to have all the celebrities who are customers, who really buy on the online shop, who support the brand. For me, it's great. There were big steps like that, I remember the first time I saw Kendall Jenner in Cannes, my home town, in "Santons de Provence", or Rihanna also in "Santons de Provence". This is the name of my collection. It was for me revealing, something was happening I think. As fast fashion is indicative of a success, celebrities are also one I think. Being copied is for me a "Palme d'or".
No alt text provided for this image
No alt text provided for this image

No comments:

Post a Comment