Wednesday 20 January 2016

TRAVEL&FASHION: shanghai nicole zhang autumn winter











Tuesday I got soaked….3 times. I taught the adults soaked through…ejit. Though the class was good cos they started mocking me for my huge bottle of sprite and then one was like ohh you like this food…I can cook it, come for dinner haha. Such good craic in that class. I then went to Rebeka’s for some wine and to update my linked in with mike and his gf. Was really nice, her new chinse housemate was round too. Soo good to chill. Gona miss her when she goes. Stayed over. Need to chillax more. Paid for getting soaked though full of the cold and died. Test on Friday was half ok half hideous so dreading the result!        

22nd November – 11th December
I eventually covered form my slow death of my self inflicted cold. And still went to work. Class numbers slowly dwindeled to a mere 9 usually. Monday night I went to Shaodi’s leaving do, I didn’t really want to go but Rebeka persuaded me, I’m glad I did, I met some of the new Danish students.  had fun in the Mexican buffet chatting to mike, Rebeka and his girlfriend. And the others a bit. We got some (expensive as hell but good) shisha. On the Thursday I went to work as Nicole is going to Taiwan, we tried on the clothes to see what the alterations might be needed to fit an average body, compared to the Chinese and perhaps most my body type is sort of hour class, hips are just a bit smaller than bust, whereas the Chinese have bigger hips, also turns out that their breasts sit slightly lower. We had some champagne and it was all quite fun. I tried on a see through weave top in my bra and later with no bra – scandalous I know but they never wear bras and nudity in the fashion world is common, I didn’t feel the most comfortable, never mind cold but hey, all in the name of fashion, be brave, be dangerous, step out of the comfort zone and have some new found self-expression, love the body, worship the form, dress it to its best, undress it to reveal the beauty within, show a little flesh show a lot, express style, belief and have fun, don’t just darn your clothes to stay warm, don’t make it a uniform, make it a statement, a style, a look, make it you.
I went with Parham to his friends thanksgiving party, so many different nationalities, spoke to the Korean girls in Chinese as they didn’t seem to know much English, one of the guys was from the u.k called jo, got talking to him for a while, he’s pretty chilled, doesn’t smoke, drink or anything, just shisha which he makes and sells from bottles, was so cool – we had a go as he brought too. Got a lift home from one of the girls a Mongolian girl who also studies in Donghua. Was a freezing night, the Serbian wind had blown down and shanghai went to minus 2 (crazy as the week before it was nearly 18) but it’s like -30 something in Serbia! Eek! Needless to say Beijing was white.)



china life....
jingan park  静安公园

On the Friday I called to Rebeka’s for a bit getting some stuff she doesn’t need any more as she’s moving out, going to Taiwan, BJ shanghai then home (Taiwan for a silent meditation) was definitely interesting getting it all home on the back of the bike. I went with Jimena and her friend Masood to windows for rebekas leaving do. did shots with Suleiman as well, went to fusion, parham got his iPhone had been stolen and there was nearly a fight with them and the Chinese. Police were called about the phone, ruined the night. Went to a different club but the mood was dead, chilled outside the dorms with Suleiman, Jackson and Parham,before calling it a night

Watched an amazing Chinese opera introduction at our school with Kat and Meliah, the stuff some of these guys do is amazing!!! Though the 帅哥 was super short, didn’t stop meliah from telling him, the muscles and talents these actors have is unbelieve, singing is odd and we don’t understand but it’s still cool, they had demos were people dressed up and stuff. Only thing we got from the singing was that ofc “he loves me” 他爱我 really cool day! And was also told in English so really understood which was great!
  


Took on some new jobs, a Saturday morning with a 15 year old, then an adult of 30, she’s super cute, lives by herself and her apartment is super girly and teenage like. Along with a woeful Thursday night class at a small school, I have 2 students and the 1st lesson which was an hour and a half was based on 2 pages! Time dragged by to say the least!  I have to be 15 mins early or the don’t pay me in full, and I have to scan in by thumb wtf! Random Sunday class where we watched  short video in English on thanksgiving 感恩节 they didn’t understand so I had to wing it as I didn’t really know too much myself and explain…it Chinese haha. Random                      
Finally met Lance, the Chinese guy I made friends with on Hello talk, he’s Sooo nice! He gave me some Chinese presents too J treated me to Starbucks coffee and we chatted for hours in a café restaurant over some chips (I ate a few with mayo out of politeness, not a chips/fries fan) felt so good after, like my Chinese wasn’t Sooo bad. He’s fun too. We message all the time too; it’s definitely helped my Chinese. 

Got my Xmas parcel from mum in the post so room is decorated, and my fish along with Jimena’s finally arrived, the guy came in with his son, set it all up and gave us advice, so sweet! So we now have MoMo and Captain Masood, small but very cute guppy – our new boyfriends haha, the shifu’s saw them in the room check and said nothing.   我的浴室我的男朋友
Glad I’m not living in Beijing, as the pollution last week moved from yellow warning, to red, schools etc. cancelled, advised to stay in etc.! Also a designer collected Beijing air for a year via a vacuum cleaner and creates a grey white brick from this…eww. They claim the pollution causes hundreds of thousands of deaths here each year.    
Had my listening test (83) speaking (85) would have been higher, she told me I did really well but I was looking at my cards a bit, but I did have a lot of new vocab…still happy! And did my final jindu test, that’s them, all, till the finals in Jan….eeek!
 Went to an Italian show room with rien and Fiona another intern from Hangzhou to help select fabric (some are 2000rmb a metre!)Used Chinese for pretty much the whole time which was good, and we picked some interesting materials, quite stimulating! Also…Nicole asked if I was going home for xmas, no, I asked would it be ok to go home for Chinese new year, she said ofc she’d hardly keep me! So can book a trip home whoop whoop!!!
Also, a parcel arrived (rather quick I reckon due to her writing the Chinese address too) from my beautiful Miss Rosie McKay with some Xmas pressies for Jimena and I!!!! Sooo happy

Started sketches in work and then went to the market to buy materials to start some macramé pieces. I got paid for my first month…only 400….wtf. I don’t know whether I should ask or not but that’s Sooo shit! I thought it was be around 1000. Unless its 80 rmb for a full day. Which again is super shit? (Slave labour, but hey, I get paid unlike the others I did) had to go to another store opening today, this time is had champagne, goody bags and Christmas desserts, much better! Plus I wore one of the stores leather jackets and helped set up. More active this time 


No comments:

Post a Comment