Monday 18 January 2016

CHINA shanghai life

Monday 26th October-Friday 30th
so weird on the metro the other day, an old man had a push trolley ~(like grannys use) full of water and full of live fish WTF! Also in the same carriage was an unattractive middle aged Chinese lady (40+) in a short skirt, leather jacket and knee high boats, all black – she was verging on prostitute.  We had the most retarded school tip on Friday to china art museum
(zhongguo meishuguan) 中国美术馆

Was for speaking class and we had a small worksheet. We only really went because of the weird finnish guy who is also staying longer, though he is always using English to talk with us. The art was not impressive, one piece was white painted canvas with a white blob of thick acrylic on it! That’s not art!!!! The building itself is cool. Created for the 2010 world expo, its situated in the Pudong new area and is a renowned landmark. We got some cool pictures outside it jumping. Then I raced Kao the Chinese guy up the stairs (he died a little) its free entry and there was not many people there. However its nearly impossible to navigate a way out! Especially on the ground floor trying to decipher where the exit is! We did come across a really interesting expo on items from Tibet. Instead of saying donated, it of course said collected from Pousala (ie stolen) still interesting to see for sure!














Halloween 31ST October wanshengjie   万圣节



Monday 2nd November – Tuesday 3rd Malik time
So met Malik when he finally woke from a nap, hes staying at good old rock and wood hostel! Like an ejot he asked for “a cup of tea” in typical brit slang, they tried to give him a cappuccino hha! We went to the bund   外滩, Nanjing road 南京东路 and the fake market, taking about all sorts of things from silly to serious, Helped get him cheap speakers and a belt from the fake market, arguing away in Chinese and trying to teach him a bit of the basics, was so nice chilling and having a laugh. Later on we went for drinks and shisha at perrys.was nice and chilled but so fun! Trying tp persuade him to come for my bday too. He was even more crazy for Halloween, only getting one/to hours sleep and then teaching, plus he has adults, they can see and SMELL a hangover haha.



The next day I took him to qibao 七宝 which he loved, he has an equal love of the 10rmb shop, just like reb and I when I showed him, il be back to buy shit for ryan and reb for xmas, perhaps go with the guys from Nanchang when they come. We ate some street foods, photobombed Chinese and then welcomed into their photos, chilled, listened to some crazy Chinese man yelling and talking to himself lol/ We then did the temple, he hasn’t been to one since Thailand, was sooo nice! We made friends with a female Chinese monk who was living in Hawaii, along with a friend she told us some phrases and explained a bit about Buddha. Was really interesting. We climbed to the top of the pagoda. Was so nice!
Then before we new it he had to make a mad dash for the airport. Typical. Great 2 days and I hope he comes up again!






Wednesday 4th – Sunday 8th November
 Finally got my huge credits on my hot water card and NHI will give me hers when she leaves so maybe don’t have to pay in one lump sum this time. Studied for my tests, Thursday Tingli and Friday speaking. Of course my comprehensive teacher still tried to make us do tingxie, I just refused! She wasn’t impressed but I don’t care. I think the tests were ok, but of course I had a million more things I could have said as soon as I left the test, my question being exercise of the body, she asked me what I did and why, I told her to have a good body and get a boyfriend haha. chinese are influencing me too much ha
The guys from national holiday have already booked their tickets to shanghai for New Year’s, crazy!
Saturday I did notes while watching once upon a time I went for a really nice chilled cycle around the French concession, later chilled with Jimena and then skyped Rosie. MY Sunday class was okay UNTILL 1 KID STARTED SOBBING as he didn’t understand. So embarrassing.


Monday 9th – 21st November
Started my internship this week at nicole zhang with research for the new season. Need to do at least one full day a week, which is fine, just once a week skipping a class and so many people do it its fine. Some people just stopped going all together.
Had an interview on the Saturday with some of the ones from the school, making friends with a girl from Sri Lanka, it was all in Chinese as the guy couldn’t speak English really it appeared (so much sense for an English language school, RIGHT?) but the guy that was linking us through it turned into a douche trying to give us a shit price so he can get more money for managing, and then saying I didn’t understand, I didn’t understand the guys Chinese or how things work and I was just like, here mate, I’m a higher level of Chinese than you and I’ve been living and working in china longer. So the Sri Lankan girl and I won’t be doing it. We did however get a decent free lunch.
Fei was in Shanghai and chilled at mine with another Chinese friend who goes to my uni, was good to see him, we used English and Chinese. Was fun. He misses Rosie and has been super busy this year!
Bad news with the twins, due to some family problem they’ve had to stop class for a while so I started applying for more jobs. Had a really creepy guy message me being all like send me pictures to use for the online application sight, and saying 2 of the photos weren’t the best, the second I looked hot, he’ll just have to use it..Along with other random shit, and referring to himself as an “educated gangster from L.A” as one does….some people are creeps. Got my stuff from TaoBao which is awesome and have decided to get a fish to ease my loneliness. (Who needs to be a crazy cat lady eh?!)
Tuesday I got soaked….3 times. I taught the adults soaked through…ejit. Though the class was good cos they started mocking me for my huge bottle of sprite and then one was like ohh you like this food…I can cook it, come for dinner haha. Such good craic in that class. I then went to Rebeka’s for some wine and to update my linked in with mike and his gf. Was really nice, her new chinse housemate was round too. Soo good to chill. Gona miss her when she goes. Stayed over. Need to chillax more. Paid for getting soaked though full of the cold and died. Test on Friday was half ok half hideous so dreading the result!        

No comments:

Post a Comment