Sunday 9 April 2023

POETRY: On the edge

 


On the edge 

Teetering 
Slowly forward, slowly back
Nearly falling.
 
The abyss calling.
 
A soft breeze is all that pushes me back. 
The winds to safety,  beckoning whispers 
I barely hear. 
Barely strong enough to call me back.
Back to safety, back to life

Don’t go, don’t fall, don’t teeter. 
So young, so much potential; choose life! 
The north wind calls me stronger. 
It beckons me. 
A seductress. An enchantress. 
A siren of the sea of nothingness below.

So long I’ve teetered I start to wonder, 
It dawns on me, soon, I’ll have no choice. 
Soon my legs... 
They will give way 
And I will fall into the abyss below 
No choice
No decision 
No more

Nothing into Nothingness.
The end of the struggle.
Desist. Deceased.
An end.

by Kelly 


Cliff Edge by Photography By Andrew Mwai

No comments:

Post a Comment