Monday 29 November 2021

INVICTUS

 INVICTUS

Invictus, meaning unconquerable or undefeated in Latin, was written in 1875 by William Ernest Henley.

Invictus by William Ernest Henley | Poetry Foundationhttps://www.poetryfoundation.org › Poems

https://worldview.unc.edu/news-article/invictus/


Invictus by William Ernest Henley is an inspirational poem. This poem depicts the poet's attempt to motivate himself when there is no hope at all. When the poet writes this poem he has already lost one of his legs. So, in such a situation of mental and physical agony, the poet tries to lift up his courage.


2-Invictus Poem - Daniel M DeAbreu


不可战胜

作者:威廉·欧内斯特·亨利

重重夜色之中,

黑暗如地心深底,

感谢上天诸神,

赐我不屈灵魂。

就算被踩倒践踏,

也不会畏缩呼叫。

就算承受无数打击,

头破血流,却不弯腰屈膝。

尽管这里充满愤怒泪水,

恐怖阴影若隐若现,

岁月越是逼人,

越会发现,我,勇敢无惧。

无论天堂之门多么狭窄,

无论刑罚加身多么严苛,

我是自己命运的主宰:

我是自己灵魂的统帅。


Invictus

William Ernest Henley


Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeoning of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment