Sunday 5 June 2016

TRAVEL:ABU DHABI


 1st February Abu Dhabi
So the plane wings were frozen over as it started snowing in shanghai and we got delayed for four hours, meaning we were all screwed over for flights.
 The guy in front was from Brussels and could speak Spanish too, he was in a band called Wolf Gang who had played in shanghai the night before and one of the flight attendants had went to it, him and his friend referred to me as batgirl haha as I was wearing my batman jumper. I was worried about my flights, but he pointed out that I could most like go straight to Dublin rather than just get the next light to London and miss my flight from there, so when we landed the guy was like, oh yes I know about you, so think he helped sort us out. And, with typical Ethiad standards, because the flights got messed up we were put up in a hotel with full board for free. I could have been annoyed but free day in adu dhabi, unfortunately in the wrong clothes but it was 27’. I showered and got the free shuttle bus to Hertiage village near the Corniche area beaches, passing the Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the 8th biggest in the world. Lots and lots of Chinese everywhere due to the flight delay. Lots of 宽屏Kuan Pin widescreen 自拍ZiPai selfie. The heritage village was an old style oasis village lot of handicraft shops glass, ceramics, wood etc. 玻璃,陶艺, 木材 plus a beach area which I chilled on, clear blue water, very beautiful
It was hot; I walked along the port area spotting schools of fish in the water, some like a tropical sort of tiger fish. I got a random offer in a Lamborghini but a local, as you do, I of course declined (it was red, I’m a yellow Lamborghini kind of gal haha) lots of mosques in the distance and some spectacular high raise buildings and skyscrapers, some metallic, reflecting the sun. I began to walk along the strip or Corniche, where a local on roller blades befriended me, part Egyptian we strolled along sitting down to chat (this is where I ended up getting sunburnt like an idiot) he was explaining how you can maybe even get arrested here for kissing and hugging in public, not a strict Muslim he would drink and party sometimes. He came to the airport for a drink, pretended to be drunk and wanted to sleep, I told him not possible to stay I was having a nap and then leaving for my flight. He eventually left. I freshened up and went to dinner before getting a bus to the mosque, lit up beautifully at night, closed though. From here I got a taxi to the Souk, so beautiful instead, full of fancy products, it was nice to stroll around before heading back, having a beautiful bath and a short nap. Watched legend and suffragette on my flights, such amazing films. Arrived in Dublin around 7am. Tired, sunburnt but back to the family.





No comments:

Post a Comment